FleaMod Admin Wed 8/13/14 2:55 PM

Over the past few years, hundreds of thousands of people have used our live draft software to host their fantasy drafts in real-time. The number one complaint we saw was that the Java plugin made it a huge pain. Plus it didn't work on mobile and tablet devices.

That's about to end.

Today we're opening up our new live draft room for testing. It works on any device—no extra plugins, apps, or downloads required.

You can try it out right now, by playing in a mock draft: NFL, MLB, NBA, and NHL. To learn more about what's new (and what's coming soon), read on.

What's New

• Compatible with any browser/device
  • Unlimited pause time—you can suspend a draft overnight and continue it the following day
  • Cleaner design/layout

What's Missing

While we're excited about this update, there are still some important features missing. But rest assured, they'll be added soon.

• No player queue
  • No auction support

What's Coming Later

• Fully automated drafts
  • Export results to a spreadsheet
  • Choose your draft position (slot) in a mock
  • ...And many more small enhancements

How You Can Help

Please try a mock draft from one of the links above and let us know what you think (or E-mail us directly at info@fleaflicker.com). Because this is an early release, you may even encounter some bugs. With your help, we'll have everything fixed in just a few days.

Thanks!

-The Fleaflicker Team

CptCranky Sun 8/24/14 10:50 PM

This is awful. Nobody is getting refreshed pages. Draft is useless.

poorboy243 Sun 8/24/14 8:22 PM

Wow. What a disappointment. Much prefer the previous years format. No auto refresh? Unless we are doing something wrong we have to constantly refresh.

BFC Sun 8/24/14 9:38 PM

Same here, I was hitting F5 every 10 seconds.

pmj Sun 8/24/14 3:09 PM

Aside from the queue, that you are working on, I'm sorely missing the overlook of your roster where unfilled Bench-spots is included. The prior version where you could see your starters, bench spots and number of unfilled spots was vastly better than the current version. I'm having my first of three drafts on fleaflicker this year at the moment, and I needed to open a new tab to check how many unfilled spots I had.

KokoMoAZ Sat 8/23/14 4:37 PM

I was part of the Mock Draft testing team and I just completed my first "working" LIVE Draft this morning. Last night I hosted one that was a disaster (screen froze up) that ended up being an auto-pick Draft when the screen was finally fixed after we had all left the Draft Room. We did decide to just go with the Auto-pick teams we got, as it was a very small league.

So today's 10-team Draft went smoothly but I was very disappointed in the program! Flea said it was ready except for the Queue. I hope that is not true, because my opinion of it as is, assuming they add the Queue, is that it is still just like a rough draft of a program (no pun intended)! To me it looked like an amateur program! Of course I know that Fleaflicker has amazing programmers, and I have always praised them any time I talk about fantasy football to anyone! I LOVE Fleaflicker - I think the Flea website is far better than any of the others I have tried in the past (in friends' leagues). But having one Yahoo football team, I can only compare this new Draft software to Yahoo's newly–launched non-JAVA (or similar) program, and it is like comparing a little “Smart Car” to a BMW or Mercedes! Not only because there was no Queue. There wasn't even a Roster being filled as we did our picks. The “Roster” screen only showed how many players of each position we had. There were no "Roster positions' to fill and no bench spots - so no way to even see how many roster spots we had or how many rounds we were drafting! I hate Yahoo's fantasy site, but their new Draft screen is an AWESOME finished product! Fleaflicker should not have launched theirs until it was AMAZING!

I only was able to talk two of my leagues into doing Email Drafts this year (so that we would not have to use the new software after reading about all the problems and trying a Mock Draft), and I am totally embarrassed that I have to host two more of these Live Drafts within the next few days for leagues in which I have a couple new Fleaflicker players that I recruited from Yahoo and ESPN after bragging about how wonderful Fleaflicker is!

SORRY GUYS, BUT YOU SHOULD HAVE WAITED TILL NEXT YEAR IF YOUR SOFTWARE WAS STILL A WORK-IN-PROGRESS.

wingman20 Sat 8/23/14 10:08 AM

It worked until last night. Websocket?? It did NOT work.

FleaMod Admin Sat 8/23/14 3:46 PM

There was a slight issue in select keeper leagues that was isolated. We put out a fix right away and the live draft is working fine. Thank you.

RyanLovell Sun 8/24/14 9:42 PM

Still problems, my whole league can't draft. Have to refresh every 5 secs, and most people screens are locking up!

Spiritgunn22 Mon 8/25/14 12:08 AM

It is not fixed at all, most of my league couldnt draft, we all had to manuallly refresh every, certain players couldn't be selected to be drafted, and I just finished drafting a few minutes ago.

KokoMoAZ Mon 8/18/14 5:01 PM

I am trying to talk my leagues into doing an EMAIL DRAFT - I don't even want to try doing a LIVE Draft here. It is not right that this was released for REAL without the Queue and with all these bugs still there. As an avid Fleaflicker fan, I am very disappointed! You guys at least need to figure out a way to get the Queue in like NOW! It would be a real shame if Fleaflicker were to lose a ton of users over this transition not being released before it was ready!

KokoMoAZ Mon 8/18/14 5:06 PM

If you could give us a date for the Queue - like the last week of the month, then at least we can try to figure out a way to get all of our drafts in somehow before the first NFL game! The other non-flash websites I tried have a little icon to click on to move a player to the Queue - you don't have to drag it. As a Commish I never did like always seeing "Commish Draft" in my Draft box as I was trying to drag a player to my Queue. I actually inadvertently did a Commish Draft once, and in a Live Draft there is no way to undo a pick. I hope you can make it work with a click, and I hope you can implement it like yesterday.

hyperlink Mon 8/18/14 7:54 PM

[Deleted]

FleaMod Admin Mon 8/18/14 7:56 PM

Our support staff is working with you through e-mail as well. While we don't have a timetable on a queue, our engineers are actively working on getting one incorporated as soon as they can. Thank you for your patience and understanding. We appreciate your loyalty to the site.

ddb123 Mon 8/18/14 11:19 AM

I have to respectfully agree with the complaints about the auto-draft AI. Mock drafts are essentially pointless now. No one in my league would draft only RBs, WRs, and TEs. QB is an important position that no one would neglect, and everyone would eventually choose a K and a TM. The previous AI really helped me prepare for the draft the last two years in my league by building strong teams and simulating the actual decisions that my fellow league members would make in similar situations. It was often shockingly accurate.

Yes, Java was an inconvenience. But the previous draft room was incredibly functional, full of information, and the AI made smart draft choices.

Thanks for taking feedback on this.

FleaMod Admin Mon 8/18/14 12:32 PM

Thank you for giving us the feedback. We actually fixed the auto-draft so this won't happen again.

ddb123 Mon 9/1/14 2:05 PM

We had our draft this week and the draft room was much improved! I appreciate bringing back the queue, and the better current roster window.

wilwau Sun 8/17/14 9:05 PM

It is very slow. Also, there's no way to tell from looking how many roster spots are still available for your league. I had to go back and count and then keep track on a pad and paper.

FleaMod Admin Sun 8/17/14 9:21 PM

Thanks for the feedback. It will be smoother soon, what type of device are you drafting on?

We're working on incorporating a way to see your roster spots for your league so you can keep track of your actual roster when you do so instead of just seeing all the players cumulatively.

If you see anything else, please let us know.

FleaMod Admin Sun 8/17/14 11:08 PM

Sorry you had trouble - we did receive reports of drafts with a significant lag time when making selections.

This explains what happened in your league.

On our end, this is unacceptable. We identified the cause of the issue and deployed a fix immediately.

I know there's no way we can make up for the time you lost drafting tonight, but if there's anything we can do to help, please let us know & we'll make this right for you by e-mailing support at fleaflicker.com

Thank you for your understanding and we're sorry.

-The Fleaflicker Team

Hokieman Mon 8/18/14 1:14 AM

I agree with wilwau. Very slow. Huge lag time between picking the player and the pick showing on the board. Mine kept referring to a Java scrpt so it looks like Java is still in there somewhere. Really miss the little box to the right that showed your team as it is filling. Trying to keep track of roster spots is tough without that. I'll probably have to cut back on teams this year. Can't take too many more of these kinds of drafts. Very frustrating.

FleaMod Admin Mon 8/18/14 10:05 AM

Thanks, Hokieman - we hear you. We had some issues of a lag time yesterday that we fixed and hopefully you want have again. This was corrected and we really apologize and it was unacceptable on our end.

In terms of the box on the right side, you'll now have a box on the bottom right that shows your roster filling up and a tab that shows your Roster where you can see exactly where the players go and are placed.

We hope this helps. If there's anything we can do to make anything else right for you, or if you have any further questions or suggestions, feel free to e-mail us at fleaflicker.com and our support team will do their best to make it right.

Thank you.

wilwau Fri 8/22/14 10:21 AM

I know you will work out the bugs. Thanks for keeping the system going -- We enjoy playing here. We appreciate everything you are doing to make it better.