FleaMod Admin Wed 8/13/14 2:55 PM

Over the past few years, hundreds of thousands of people have used our live draft software to host their fantasy drafts in real-time. The number one complaint we saw was that the Java plugin made it a huge pain. Plus it didn't work on mobile and tablet devices.

That's about to end.

Today we're opening up our new live draft room for testing. It works on any device—no extra plugins, apps, or downloads required.

You can try it out right now, by playing in a mock draft: NFL, MLB, NBA, and NHL. To learn more about what's new (and what's coming soon), read on.

What's New

• Compatible with any browser/device
  • Unlimited pause time—you can suspend a draft overnight and continue it the following day
  • Cleaner design/layout

What's Missing

While we're excited about this update, there are still some important features missing. But rest assured, they'll be added soon.

• No player queue
  • No auction support

What's Coming Later

• Fully automated drafts
  • Export results to a spreadsheet
  • Choose your draft position (slot) in a mock
  • ...And many more small enhancements

How You Can Help

Please try a mock draft from one of the links above and let us know what you think (or E-mail us directly at info@fleaflicker.com). Because this is an early release, you may even encounter some bugs. With your help, we'll have everything fixed in just a few days.

Thanks!

-The Fleaflicker Team

Third_N_52_WTF Thu 8/14/14 8:02 AM

Mobile version is slow and pauses. Glad your catching up. Why do I have to wait 5 min for a draft to start? If its a mock draft and nobody joins, whats the point?

FleaMod Admin Thu 8/14/14 9:05 AM

Can you let us know when it's pausing? Are you connected to Wi-Fi or no? The 5-minute wait is just for testing right now, we'll see if we can lower it for mocks. The main idea is to let it fill with teams to draft with you. Thanks.

Chris_Commish Thu 8/14/14 6:41 AM

It doesn't work on my dumb phone. Of course I have a cheap Blackberry although I do everything else on it. It just go to a blank draft board with nothing happening after I click start draft. What am I missing?

FleaMod Admin Thu 8/14/14 9:04 AM

Confirmed that it does not work on a Blackberry. It runs a specific OS, so we're not sure if we'll support a Blackberry device there, but we'll do our best to keep you updated.

KNMGA Thu 8/14/14 12:28 AM

It seems to be working out great. I am excited to get it active. One problem I seem to have is that when you highlight a player there seems to be lag until it actually gets highlighted. It is not so bad on the PC, but it is quite pronounced on the Ipad.

I do like the dropdown that allows you to show only certain positions.

KNMGA Thu 8/14/14 12:39 AM

Also it would be nice if under roster, you could put it in order by position.

FleaMod Admin Thu 8/14/14 9:31 AM

It should be showing by position on the bottom right of the draft.

KNMGA Thu 8/14/14 11:08 AM

Yes i like that, but what I mean is when we look at our roster of players owners have chosen, it would be nice to be able to put it in order of position. like all the QBs together, Rbs together and so on.

FleaMod Admin Thu 8/14/14 1:27 PM

That's definitely something down the line we'd like to have, absolutely.

bennettj1087 Wed 8/13/14 9:22 PM

Ability to resize the various panes on a desktop browser would be sweet. My monitor is 1680x1050 and the player selection pane is only big enough to show 8 players at a time.

Making the chat pane vertically oriented on the far right or left of the window would also allow the user to see more of the chat history at a time and also make a lot more room for the player selection pane to be vertically larger.

Also, making the player selection pane "freeze" the first column similar to how you can "freeze panes" in Excel would make it so that when I scroll right to view other stats I can still see the players' name in the left-most column.

Just my two cents. The app looks awesome so far!

FleaMod Admin Thu 8/14/14 9:32 AM

Thank you.

ahb Wed 8/13/14 6:01 PM

I was in a draft room connected via 4g lte and the clock would keep pausing briefly and then it would jump back up to 55 seconds left. Had no issue when I was on WI fi

JEG Wed 8/13/14 5:19 PM

Will you give advance notice of install? More than overnight, I hope.

FleaMod Admin Wed 8/13/14 5:46 PM

Good suggestion. We will be as transparent as can be with everything like we always are so you can plan best.

EZJ Wed 8/13/14 5:15 PM

On an iphone the screen layout is not great. Less is more. The draft order and roster info should be hidden/expandable or on another tab. On a tablet with more realestate it's ok, but not on a phone. Maybe the bar that says who picked, who's picking, and who's on deck can also tell you how many picks until you're up so that the order is less important.

Also scrolling through the stats/players works ok on the tablet but on a phone if you're trying to scroll down the window, it's easy to inadvertently start scrolling through players. This would probably be better if you could condense the screen content so there was no need to scroll down on the phone. Maybe reduce the functionality on the phone to the essentials.... Most people drafting on their phone probably don't need to chat. Or, maybe have an option for a reduced functionality interface on smaller devices. Idk. Liked it on the tablet otherwise.

FleaMod Admin Wed 8/13/14 5:37 PM

Thank you for the feedback.

ahb Wed 8/13/14 6:27 PM

I agree the UI could be more friendly, but I'll just be happy it works right now.

EZJ Wed 8/13/14 6:34 PM

Overall, it's great and I would definitely use it as is.

Kkeller Fri 8/15/14 12:06 PM

My samsung LG G2 brings up a couldnt load plug in when i go to my league and click on mock draft as does my computer?.....

FleaMod Admin Fri 8/15/14 12:28 PM

Are you in your league or using the new mock here - fleaflicker.com

You shouldn't be asked for any plugins there. Let me know.

Taylordankmyer Wed 8/13/14 5:01 PM

Yea, the audio alerts are actually more important to me than the Queue if I'm being honest!

moneybagels Wed 8/13/14 5:15 PM

Ditto. I didn't notice they were gone while testing but they are crucial in a real draft.