FleaMod Admin Wed 8/13/14 2:55 PM

Over the past few years, hundreds of thousands of people have used our live draft software to host their fantasy drafts in real-time. The number one complaint we saw was that the Java plugin made it a huge pain. Plus it didn't work on mobile and tablet devices.

That's about to end.

Today we're opening up our new live draft room for testing. It works on any device—no extra plugins, apps, or downloads required.

You can try it out right now, by playing in a mock draft: NFL, MLB, NBA, and NHL. To learn more about what's new (and what's coming soon), read on.

What's New

• Compatible with any browser/device
  • Unlimited pause time—you can suspend a draft overnight and continue it the following day
  • Cleaner design/layout

What's Missing

While we're excited about this update, there are still some important features missing. But rest assured, they'll be added soon.

• No player queue
  • No auction support

What's Coming Later

• Fully automated drafts
  • Export results to a spreadsheet
  • Choose your draft position (slot) in a mock
  • ...And many more small enhancements

How You Can Help

Please try a mock draft from one of the links above and let us know what you think (or E-mail us directly at info@fleaflicker.com). Because this is an early release, you may even encounter some bugs. With your help, we'll have everything fixed in just a few days.

Thanks!

-The Fleaflicker Team

[Deleted User] Sun 8/17/14 8:23 PM

so um... whers the draft chat gone?

[Deleted User] Sun 8/17/14 8:24 PM

nm found it, hiding at the bottom

Jhcoache Sun 8/17/14 1:23 PM

How can you not have a queue? This is such a big deal. To not have it before during a period where people are drafting and using your website is mind boggling to me. shouldnt this have gotten worked out months ago? Its something like this that will make my league draft on another website..and we are suppose to draft tonight

icemanjosh Sat 8/16/14 3:46 PM

Why was this pushed to live!?!?!? Not having a queue is a big problem for all of my legaues

icemanjosh Sat 8/16/14 3:48 PM

my league WWP allstars in drafting in 13 minutes and it's the new draft style, can we regress back to old??????????? We need a queue

FleaMod Admin Sat 8/16/14 5:30 PM

We no longer support the older Java version. As noted above and in the other thread we responded to you in, those options are coming, and we apologize for any inconveniences.

paperhat Sat 8/16/14 3:20 PM

Is this where we report issues with the draft beta?

When I refresh the page, it changes my team. Hopefully this is just because it is a mock draft, but even when mocking, it is bothersome if you end up having to reload the page for some reason and have to finish the draft as another team.

FleaMod Admin Sat 8/16/14 8:22 PM

The draft software is no longer in beta - it's been rolled out to the site. What you are seeing is confined to mock drafts, though our engineers are going to look into it so when you refresh the mock draft your team does not switch.

This will not happen in the regular draft. If you do a league-specific mock, you will see. Thanks for the report.

Nored Sat 8/16/14 11:46 AM

YES bugs...mock with some teams 4 QBs another team none.. TE req. none selected on one team 4 selected on another.. may work fine in a real draft, but mock is not working...also would like a quit draft option, the only way to start over is wait.

FleaMod Admin Sat 8/16/14 11:52 AM

Can you clarify what you're asking please? The maximum you can have is 4 for right now when you draft. You don't need to fill up the required amount, but can't go over the maximum. You can leave the draft and open up a new window if you'd like and it will send you to a new draft as well.

Nored Sat 8/16/14 1:09 PM

yes to clarify- I did a mock, our league requires 1QB 1RB 1WR 1TE 2flex 1K. some teams auto-selected 4QBs 4 RBs 4Wrs and none of the other Req. positions. Also, thanks for the tip on starting the draft over

Nored Sat 8/16/14 1:20 PM

leave the draft and open a new window is not working for me, I am doing a mock in my league•(Try out a mock draft for this league!) not a random live mock draft. we have keepers off the board. I can't leave or quit the mock draft. if I go back and then reselect mock, it opens exactly where I was ( as paused while away) If I open a new tab and do a mock draft, It opens the same draft in progress. It used to play it out while away, now it pauses it if you close it. Thanks for reply anyway

Nored Sat 8/16/14 1:41 PM

My phone draft works, Great Job with that, Now I wont miss the draft if something keeps me away from the PC....

FleaMod Admin Sat 8/16/14 2:17 PM

The auto-mock will select the best player available in mostly every instance there, we made the AI smarter. You can go ahead and choose "Best available starter (smart decisions based on roster needs—recommended)" but it may still pick the better player if still available in some instances.

Nored Sat 8/16/14 2:57 PM

are you a "bot"? doing a mock draft where some teams do not even select a QB or just keep picking QB every round despite their roster needs is NOT a smart decision and does not simulate a real draft.. also there is NO way to restart a mock draft..

I hope this helps you make it better.. ie; the (smart decisions based on roster needs—recommended)" Is not working in the my league mock draft.

Thank you again for your response..

FleaMod Admin Sat 8/16/14 5:29 PM

No, I am not a bot... We'll talk about the new AI drafting during internal meetings and see if all positions can be filled during the draft. It's already on the agenda. Thanks.

Nored Sat 8/16/14 8:11 PM

Great. Hope you get the smart decicions working again. Doing a mock draft with teams blindly picking best available really is useless.

Thanks again

KokoMoAZ Fri 8/15/14 6:38 PM

Do you have an ETA for the Queue and /or Pick Alert Tone?

FleaMod Admin Fri 8/15/14 7:14 PM

The alert was implemented in this version when you're on the clock. There is no timetable for a queue in the current build, but we understand it's important and will keep working on it for a future version.

Zilla820 Sat 8/16/14 12:22 AM

Please tell me it will be before August 24th..

A queue is a huge thing missing in a draft.

KokoMoAZ Sat 8/16/14 6:02 AM

I agree!

Jhcoache Sun 8/17/14 1:21 PM

yeah i agree as well. not having it will make me and my league draft on another website...and we are suppose to draft tonight

EZJ Fri 8/15/14 1:33 PM

On the ipad, because of the delayed response when you click on a player, if you click on a player as another pick is being made, the highlight bar actually shows up eventually on the position in the list where you clicked, but not on the actual player you clicked on if they moved up after the pick was made...does that make sense?

FleaMod Admin Fri 8/15/14 6:05 PM

Thanks for testing. We made some enhancements that make drafting on mobile devices and tablets much easier from our initial version. You should find it more intuitive now.

We're all set to launch the new software in leagues on August 16 at 9:45 AM ET.

ItsaMamaLuigi Thu 8/14/14 3:38 PM

The long delay really makes it difficult to do any serious testing. I understand the 5 minute wait if you want to populate the draft room with real people, but maybe there should be a separate link just for testing that would start instantly, populate all other draft slots with computers, and only give 5 seconds to computer picks.

I'd love to give it a shot but with so much waiting, I can't even try it out in order to discover bugs.

FleaMod Admin Fri 8/15/14 12:04 PM

Computer picks for absent owners now just have 10 seconds in mock drafts. Thanks!

ItsaMamaLuigi Fri 8/15/14 3:03 PM

Thank you, I will try it out again!

Nored Sat 8/16/14 11:49 AM

I agree this is good, also you can click on the fast forward to make computer selections go much faster.