ColeClaybourn Sat 1/27/24 7:18 PM

A league mate discovered this today — the two-game series between LA and San Diego on March 20-21 is being counted as the full Week 1 matchup. My league is a weekly head-to-head points league, so this would basically mean anyone with LA-SD players would win and those without would lose. Aside from that being a completely unfair way to win or lose a matchup, there is no option in Commissioner Settings to change this. All I can do is make it to where no one plays Week 1 and we just don't count those first two games in our season.

Typically Week 1 is longer because MLB starts midweek, so it includes that short week and the next full week. Instead Week 1 is just two games between two teams, and Week 2 is the official MLB opening week. Why can I not edit this? Why is Fleaflicker making that first week a full week? I really hope someone at Fleaflicker sees this and can help. Those two games should not be a full matchup, which counts in standings and could have major playoff implications. No one should win or lose based on just two MLB games between just two teams.

ColeClaybourn Mon 1/29/24 6:00 PM

Anyone? Buehler?

mike3820 Thu 2/1/24 7:03 AM

Best suggestion that I have is in the commish settings, go to "Edit Regular Season Schedule", set it to Custom, and when you hit "OK", the schedule comes up to edit. I would then move all teams to the "Not Playing" box, and that's the way to have every team skip Week 1.

mike3820 Thu 2/1/24 7:11 AM

Or what I do for the All-Star break at FleaFlicker is set the schedule that the same teams play each other the week of the All-Star and the week after. After the short week ends, I take a screenshot of the final scores and post to the message board. Then go back and give each matchup a 0-0 tie. Then after the second week ends, combine the scores.

You could do the same here. Combine week 1 and week 2 and give everyone a tie for week 1. You just have to make sure the matchups are the same for both weeks.

The tie gives everybody and win AND a loss, so it keeps the records even.