ColeClaybourn Sat 1/27/24 7:18 PM

A league mate discovered this today — the two-game series between LA and San Diego on March 20-21 is being counted as the full Week 1 matchup. My league is a weekly head-to-head points league, so this would basically mean anyone with LA-SD players would win and those without would lose. Aside from that being a completely unfair way to win or lose a matchup, there is no option in Commissioner Settings to change this. All I can do is make it to where no one plays Week 1 and we just don't count those first two games in our season.

Typically Week 1 is longer because MLB starts midweek, so it includes that short week and the next full week. Instead Week 1 is just two games between two teams, and Week 2 is the official MLB opening week. Why can I not edit this? Why is Fleaflicker making that first week a full week? I really hope someone at Fleaflicker sees this and can help. Those two games should not be a full matchup, which counts in standings and could have major playoff implications. No one should win or lose based on just two MLB games between just two teams.

fleafounder Admin Thu 2/1/24 8:32 AM

We'll get this fixed so that week 1 goes from March 20 (Seoul games) to March 31 so it includes 4 more days of regular season games.

Let me know if you were expecting something else.

ColeClaybourn Mon 1/29/24 6:00 PM

Anyone? Buehler?

mike3820 Thu 2/1/24 7:03 AM

Best suggestion that I have is in the commish settings, go to "Edit Regular Season Schedule", set it to Custom, and when you hit "OK", the schedule comes up to edit. I would then move all teams to the "Not Playing" box, and that's the way to have every team skip Week 1.

mike3820 Thu 2/1/24 7:11 AM

Or what I do for the All-Star break at FleaFlicker is set the schedule that the same teams play each other the week of the All-Star and the week after. After the short week ends, I take a screenshot of the final scores and post to the message board. Then go back and give each matchup a 0-0 tie. Then after the second week ends, combine the scores.

You could do the same here. Combine week 1 and week 2 and give everyone a tie for week 1. You just have to make sure the matchups are the same for both weeks.

The tie gives everybody and win AND a loss, so it keeps the records even.