JohnDiaz Fri 9/26/14 1:56 PM

I think this is a scoring format that is going to gain popularity in the future. In my opinion, it would be in Fleaflicker's best interest to be ahead of the milquetoast sites (NFL.com, Yahoo, ESPN) to add this possibility.

To me, 1 point for 1 catch that goes for zero yards does not help an NFL team. But a first down gained is obviously very helpful. For that, a player should be rewarded, not for catching a pass that goes nowhere and just wastes a down.

My league already would have had this if we went with Myfantasyleague.com. It would be amazing if Fleaflicker had it.

Thank you!

JohnDiaz Fri 9/26/14 1:56 PM

Or really, any point total for first down gained. Just having "first down gained" as a scoring option was my intention for this.

FleaMod Admin Sat 10/4/14 6:16 PM

It's possible we can add first-down scoring in the future, but we'd have to rely on play-by-play data which is not always the most accurate. We've talked about it and will continue to monitor the feasibility of it with our stats provider and update you if we can have it down the line. We have made some new stat category enhancements for this year.

JohnDiaz Sun 10/5/14 12:51 PM

Many thanks for the response, and that makes a lot of sense. Looking forward to more overall site enhancements from Fleaflicker, including scoring! Thank you!

Thediggler Thu 6/25/15 8:48 AM

I would like to second this request, and agree that it is one of the best indicators of player value so should be reflected in the fantasy scoring.