fleafounder Admin Mon 7/6/09 3:19 PM

Please help us test the new slow draft feature.

We now support "slow" or E-mail drafts where draft selections are made on the site with unlimited selection time. Owners are notified of selections via E-mail (make sure you have your preferences set to receive E-mails).

The commish can make selections for any team.

This can serve as an alternative of a few requested features for the live draft like pausing the draft.

There's also a feature to finish a slow draft in the live draft room. This is useful because you can take your time with the important early picks and still finish the draft quickly for the less important late-round picks.

There are likely some bugs so let us know if something isn't working properly.

Thanks.

rbaxter Tue 8/11/09 10:55 AM

Can anyone tell me if the e-mail draft lends itself to this scenario?

We tend to have a draft night and try to get through as many rounds as possible during that night. However, we tend to leave 2 or 3 rounds left over that we just do on our own time over the next couple days. (So, kind of the opposite of what has been said here).

I hate time limits on picks because people always have internet issues or draft window issues or something, so it never fails that we have 2 or 3 guys on the phone during the draft just telling me who they want to pick.

Would it make sense to set up the draft as an email draft to start with even though we'll kind of be doing it live? I assume the emails go out, but the players could be in the draft room the whole time right? Then we can stop the "live draft" at any time and emails will still go out for the next couple of days. Make sense?

I can always set up a mock draft using the email format to see, but I'd rather have my owners only draft once to avoid confusion.

Thanks guys, love the site so far.

Volt Tue 8/11/09 12:04 PM

Yes, the slow draft is perfect for what you are looking to do. You can do as many picks as you want and then wait as long as you want to make more picks. Since there is no draft room it is very flexible. The commish can make picks if necessary, but since there is no time limit, there generally isn't a reason to do so, unless someone doesn't have computer access.

rbaxter Tue 8/11/09 9:41 PM

So, essentially, people just need to wait for their email to come in and click the link and go right? I guess I was hoping there would still be a draft room involved for the trash talk etc....but it sounds like this will work either way maybe not with the bells and whistles....Thanks for the reply.