DaBears007 Mon 10/27/14 1:34 PM

Hello FleaFlicker Team,

In my league (Scotia Bowl I), the team "Da Bears" was not able to drop Andrew Hawkins yesterday. For some reason "Can't Drop" is what the action tab said (and STILL says). Why is this ?

Also can you explain why a player can be dropped & added to a roster within 24 hrs. ? I've never heard of this. Usually a player needs to maintained on a roster for at least 24 hrs. to give all teams notice of the activity within the league.

Is this something set up by my league or done site-wide ?

Please reply on both issues.

FleaMod Admin Mon 10/27/14 1:47 PM

It is league specific, but most have lock recently added players to Yes, like you do: fleaflicker.com

Hawkins was claimed that week, which means that if your waivers are 24 or 48 hours, a player picked up that week can't be dropped without allowing him to pass through waivers for 24 or 48 hours for that week. If the user's opponent had Brian Hoyer, the user may pick up Hawkins because he doesn't want him having Hoyer and Hawkins, then drop him Sunday before the game to hoard him without giving anyone the ability to pick Hawkins up.

He can't drop him now because Hawkins locked for the week and already played. A player can be added to a roster if they haven't locked for the week yet, there's no time limit there or a time they need to be kept on before being active. You can pick free agents up and start them right away if it's before their game.

DaBears007 Mon 10/27/14 2:08 PM

I understand the strategy in your Hoyer example. That was not what I was getting at.

Why did & still does Hawkins have a "Can't Drop": vs." Locked" notice ? More importantly, why did he have this tag yesterday before the his game was played ?

Can you please also tell me if my league has a 24 hr, 48 hr or some other time frame where players cannot be dropped ?

Thank you.

DaBears007 Mon 10/27/14 3:15 PM

Hello.

Is someone looking into the these issues ?

Thank you.

FleaMod Admin Mon 10/27/14 3:47 PM

Hawkins was claimed that week on Wednesday. He locks before his game time 24 hours before because he doesn't have time to pass through waivers (so in his case Saturday during the early afternoon). If he was picked up two weeks ago, he could have been dropped.

You can turn Lock Recently Added off at League-Settings-Edit Waiver Wire Rules

He's locked now because he played already for Week 8 and can't be cut until Week 9 (tomorrow at 6AM ET -- hover over the locked icon and it will show you).

Many settings are league specific in Edit Waiver Wire Rules. Yours is 24.