DLW Wed 1/19/22 4:37 PM

One thing that's always vexed me about Fleaflicker is the incredibly 'black boxed' nature of the Flea-eligible status of a league; there's no legend of the settings that affect your status, there's no warning that a particular change will remove a league's eligibility, and worst of all, there is no way back to Flea-eligibility once lost (if the mods from years ago are to be believed, at least: fleaflicker.com).

I see no need for this; concerns about 'cheating/manipulating the system' are all well and good but having this work in such a deliberately arcane and permanent 'one-way trip' way does next to nothing to discourage cheating. Why not change it to work the following way:

- At the start of a new league year, all active leagues that are currently not Flea-eligible are reevaluated automatically; any leagues that now meet the criteria have their Flea-eligibility restored

- Add a "Restore Flea Eligibility" button to the Commish Powers; this would A) show/educate commissioners about which settings do/don't impact Flea-eligibility in the first place, and give them a one-click option for reverting their league to be within those settings.

- Restoring Flea Eligibility is a 'once per league year' move; once you've used it for the league year then it can't be used again, so if you mess around after that and lose it again you're outta luck until next February

- Restore Flea Eligibility button automatically greys out for the rest of the league year once the first week of games are final

I always loved when a team of mine would be in like the top `1,000 teams worldwide, but now all of my long-time leagues have lost their eligibility for one reason or another and it just seems truly needless for it to be irrevocable like this. It's a cool feature, let more people/long-time players use it, please!!!