TimMartens Tue 9/21/21 11:01 AM

Is there a way for us to fix future draft picks that have been traded in our leagues? I don't see it in the commish tools anywhere. We have had A TON of draft day trades made during rookie drafts that get agreed to on a video call, but no trade was actually put through on the FleaFlicker site. After 7 years on this platform, the draft picks on most teams are incorrect in the FleaFlicker site due to trades that happened that weren't processed through on FleaFlicker.

Is there any way I (as commissioner) can go in to fix all of these trades that are all over the place? I'd much rather do this then having to make every owner make a bunch of weird trades back and forth with other owners to correct this.

JRHrox Wed 3/2/22 2:11 AM

How were they not put through? Don't any of you know how to make a trade on the site? Sounds like you and your members just need to learn how to use the site.

TimMartens Wed 3/2/22 3:17 PM

When we do the live draft in-person, we don't have FF open. We put all the picks up on a big board in the room and guys agreeing to deals are talking them out and agreeing in person. We then import draft results by just adding the players to the franchise they were drafted by. So after a few years, picks got mixed up because owners didn't retroactively go in and trade, say, a 2020 2nd rounder for nothing to move the future picks to the right owner. This happens a couple times and things get out of whack. So I was curious if a very simple programming tool may be available in the commish tools that would let you edit the ownership of draft picks, which really is pretty simple.

But yeah...thanks for the sarcastic response to a post I put up five months ago. Truly helpful.

JRHrox Wed 3/2/22 3:38 PM

It wasn't sarcastic. You didn't explain in that post that you are conducting the draft in person then importing the picks later. So I literally didn't understand thinking you were doing it on site.

You can set the draft order round by round to switch any picks that were traded as the commish and don't have to have teams put trades through just to switch all the picks. Just need to document all the traded picks. You can only do that for the current draft though. If you are talking about switching picks years in advance you can't do that yet.

I go through that with startup drafts where we have the startup draft now but do the rookie draft in May. But some guys wanna trade rookie picks to move up in startup draft so I create a document on Google Docs or Google Sheets and when a rookie pick is traded I edit it online then when its time for the rookie draft I go thru and do the round by round edit thing for the picks that were traded. But you can only do that for the current draft loaded on the site you can't edit any draft for future years. you can create a Google Doc for every year in advance and just edit each one when a pick is traded then once that year gets here edit in on FF site.

Sorry if I sounded sarcastic I literally didn't understand the situation. If I did I would have tried to help which I am doing now, and I like to do since there's seems to be no more Fleaflicker support help on here. If I see something I can help with I will.

TimMartens Fri 3/4/22 1:03 PM

Appreciate the explanation. Sorry for jumping down your throat. Just used to getting lousy responses from users like "well sounds like ur dumb" I guess (or no response from FF support, as you pointed out...this being a perfect example as a question that has been sitting in the ether for 5 months).

I'll definitely use your recommendation going forward. Unfortunately, it doesn't fix our picks being all out of whack now. We just decided back in October that we wouldn't include any 2022 or 2023 picks in our trades on FleaFlicker and just track them on a google sheet. We should be set right once 2024 comes around I guess. The alternative being putting like 10 trades in, but some of my owners are flaky or will screw up which pick to move, so this seemed easiest.