brs26 Sun 11/8/20 2:05 AM

hello FF,

i think the site has a good waiver system, but as a commissioner, i am having problems with 'lock recently added'. i understand this option was probably offered because owners could 'churn' free agents and add/drop repeatedly (or even inadvertently) until many agents are locked.

but with injuries, trades, covid, and the general unpredictability of the nfl, it is tough when you add a player on tue, but due to unforeseen circumstances, need to drop the player for someone else - but cannot because they are locked. or you find a FA on sunday morning only to remember a better FA and cannot drop the person you just added because ...... you just added them (instant lock).

as the commish, if i turn off the option, i leave my league susceptible to the 'churn' problem.

the issue is not with the 'lock recently added' (LRA). it is a good rule. the issue is the lack of additional options to go with the LRA rule.

* add the option to LRA for just 12 hrs or just 24 hrs? (so if you add a player on tue, you can drop that player by wed or thu)

* and/or, include an option of "DON'T LOCK RECENTLY DROPPED"? with this option, if a player has not been on a person's team for more than 24 hrs, that dropped player would NOT be locked. so, the only way you could 'churn' is to hold a player on your roster for more than 24 hrs. if you dropped a player you've held for less than 24 hrs, that player would still be a FA.

i hope these suggestions can be considered.

thank you!

brs26 Fri 8/12/22 12:06 AM

FF, just checking if this rule modification was considered for the 2022 season.

a_lau Thu 11/11/21 5:08 PM

I agree with this need. As we have had this issue raised more than once this year. Simply a few modifications to the anti-churn rule would make this a bit better.

AustinP0027 Sat 9/11/21 5:40 PM

Agree with the need to change this.

Roster churn is definitely a problem that needs a solution but every other platform handles it just fine by allowing players who have been owned for under 24hrs to be returned to Free Agent status. Flea can just do the same.

brs26 Mon 9/6/21 4:23 AM

bumping this suggestion. hoping these options can be implemented before the season begins.

cpuffett Tue 12/29/20 11:28 PM

Yeah, I'm in favor of the last of these rules. We're going to turn off the anti-churn next year and if a manager drops a player they added the same week within 24-hours of game time, people can reach out to me and I'll manually execute the add/drop for them as if that player was an FA. I'd certainly make my life easier, though, if players didn't have to clear waivers if they're dropped the same week they're added.