fleafounder Admin Thu 5/1/08 5:57 PM

To all Fleaflicker members:  

I've decided to sell Fleaflicker to AOL.  

I will continue to operate the site. There will be some minor changes as we integrate with AOL Sports but otherwise everything will remain the same.  

Fleaflicker has come a long way in just three and a half years. During that time I was possessed by a single (and often unhealthy) obsession—making the best fantasy football site. My decision to sell was made with this goal in mind.  

AOL and I share the same vision for expanding the site. Integrating with AOL sports will improve Fleaflicker immeasurably. (For example, FanHouse blogs provide the most insightful sports commentary on the Internet; their content will ultimately be integrated into Fleaflicker.)  

The bottom line is this: I made this decision because I am certain it will improve the game for all Fleaflicker users.  

Feel free to post questions here or contact me directly.  

-Ori Schwartz

[Deleted User] Fri 5/2/08 9:57 PM

Congratulations Ori!!!!!  

I'm sure this must be a very exciting time for you. Thank you for creating the best fantasy football site on the web. Keep up the great work!

Murrrrr Thu 5/1/08 8:34 PM

Ori,  

My God.... not AOL.  
What can we expect? Will we be paying for next year? Will there be more popups? Please let us know what initial changes they have mentioned.  

Oh, and enjoy your new-found wealth, too.

fleafounder Admin Thu 5/1/08 9:08 PM

The site will remain free this season for sure. And I'll definitely fight to keep it that way.  

There won't be any big changes. The ads will not be any more intrusive than they have been in the past. (Ads are currently disabled by the way--the site is totally ad free, at least for now.)  

I won't make any drastic changes without giving you the opportunity to respond.

xltallguy1 Fri 5/2/08 1:58 PM

as long as we dont have to pay i will stay with this site it is the best i have found. i hope that it stays the same but i know that might be hard

[Deleted User] Fri 5/2/08 3:29 PM

This is very dissapointing to me in a few ways. As long as everytthing stays the same, Im fine with it and as long as we can still suggest things and actually have them carried out. If we lose free stat tracking and eventually free-ness all together, itll break my heart. I bragged to my friends about how amazing this site was and completely free. If that changes itll kill me

xltallguy1 Sat 5/3/08 6:01 PM

agreed

scotto1959 Sun 5/4/08 8:53 PM

I have no problem with a paid site here keeps owners in and freeloaders out , would love to see it pay to play!

scotto1959 Sun 5/4/08 8:54 PM

Take care of the flag thing also?

[Deleted User] Tue 5/6/08 10:20 PM

Brian, are you a bum?

[Deleted User] Wed 5/7/08 4:40 PM

Casey, are u a homo

scotto1959 Sat 5/10/08 10:05 PM

brian caseys a woman!

xltallguy1 Sun 5/11/08 12:36 PM

wow guys can you plz stop posting this crap? i am rly getting tired of it.

[Deleted User] Tue 5/13/08 12:09 AM

stop blowing my cover!

SportzGamer6 Mon 7/14/08 6:16 PM

Man i hope this site stays free cause i like this site the most of any fantasy football site i dont know wat i will do if we have to pay to play.