fleafounder Admin Thu 8/6/09 1:22 PM

We released a new feature today that allows waiver claims to be resolved using a blind bid auction instead of (often rank-based) priority.

How it works

In the past claims for the same player were awarded to the team with the best waiver position.

Now you can use a blind-bid auction system. Here, players are awarded to the team that submits the highest bid (if there is a tie, the player will be awarded to the team with the worst rank). Each time one of your claims is processed, the bid amount will be deducted from your remaining budget.

How to set it up

Edit your league's waiver claim options and select the initial budget for each team (also editable on a team-by-team basis throughout the year).

You can manage your claims as usual on your team's waiver claims page.

How to test it out

If you are curious as to how this works or you want to help test this for football, create a baseball league. The waiver options are exactly the same as in football.

Let us know if there are any problems or if you have any suggestions.

Thanks.

BuddyLee1 Sun 6/7/20 4:21 AM

I am in a blind bid league when acquiring free agents. I typed in $7.00 and the blue box said bid amount accepted or something. Today, I failed to acquire my selected player. Another owner got him with zero bid, $0.00. The claim stated that I had not placed a monetary bid!

What did I do incorrectly not to win the bid? How do I do the bid process correctly? Thanks for your time and help.

BuddyLee1 Sun 6/14/20 1:37 AM

Help would be greatly appreciated...

[Deleted User] Tue 11/26/19 9:25 PM

Is there any way to set up the following scenario for a single week of waiver bidding?

Say I want to put in bids on two Players (Player A and Player B). I want Player A so much that I am willing to bid my entire remaining $100 budget on him. If I win Player A, I want to bid $0 on Player B, but if I lose Player A to someone else, I would bid $50 on Player B.

Is it possible to set that up?

fleafounder Admin Mon 12/2/19 9:31 AM

You can but only by specifying the same dropped player for some of the claims:

* A for $100, drop C

* B for $50 drop C also (would NOT process if you win A)

* B for $0 if you drop somebody other than C (would process if you win A)

Does that help?

jwmcfood Wed 9/14/16 10:29 AM

Would love to view the losing bid amounts just to increase some banter between owners. Always fun to jab someone (in our case) who just dropped $70 to pick up Theo Riddick when the next highest bid, from what we can figure in conversations, was less than $15...

AStrafaccia Wed 9/13/17 2:01 PM

This! I'm searching for it, but can't find it.

SeeForUrSelf Thu 8/18/16 6:42 PM

Is there a way to set it up to happen every day, or more than once a week?

FleaflickerT Admin Thu 8/25/16 11:58 AM

Hello,

You can set it for Wednesdays, and then after waivers process that day, you can change the day to Thursday, Friday or Saturday to run again. You could do this each of those days if you wanted to. In the future we hope to offer a new daily option.

SeeForUrSelf Sun 9/4/16 3:23 PM

Awesome, thank you.

MrWizzard Sat 12/8/18 7:58 AM

Will this option be available on a daily basis this upcoming season for baseball?

Brady12567 Wed 6/22/11 12:59 PM

disregard. i see it in the post.

Brady12567 Wed 6/22/11 12:27 PM

How are ties broken if two players bid the same amount for a player?

mattyjoe12 Fri 3/4/11 7:14 AM

what is going to happen if i am in a league and it is not filled by the start of the draft or that season? will it still run or will i have to join another 1?

McBruce Fri 10/29/10 4:14 PM

Thinking about possibly trying this. Some questions:

1. Is there a single round of bidding each week for all players dropped the previous week, or separate 48 hour periods for each dropped player? Subquestions:

1a) If it is a single round for multiple players and I have $50, can I bid $40 on two RBs knowing that I will not get both? When more than one player is up for grabs, what determines who goes first?

1b) If each dropped player generates a separate auction, what happens when a player is dropped less than 48 hours before his game that week?

2. Just to confirm from the message below, a team can bid $0 on a player and get him if nobody else bids? (I think it's a reasonable feature.)

3. Commissioner can adjust the available cash to each team on a week-by-week basis? If so, this is a selling point: I'm thinking something like the following:

--everyone starts with $50 plus $3 for each player that drafted ahead of them in round one of the draft

--each week, every team adds $2 for each team that outscored them that week ($1 for ties), and $10 if they lost ($5 for a tie)

This would give the lowest teams a fair but not overwhelming advantage.