RhymesWithLuck Thu 9/21/23 10:27 PM

Mike White was dropped. He was not placed on waivers. This was not a recent add. Player had been on the same roster since the league was imported before the season.

Other players have all gone to waivers after being dropped, and no waiver claim rules have been changed recently.

It's Mike White, so this isn't a league-altering deal, but it appears the system either didn't work as intended or I've misunderstood something.

Thoughts?

JuryDuty Fri 9/22/23 9:41 AM

He appears to have been cut and added 18 hours ago. fleaflicker.com

You posted 11 hours ago.

RhymesWithLuck Fri 9/22/23 11:27 AM

Right. Cut by a team that had rostered him since the league was imported, then added almost immediately via free agency. Why was he not subject to waivers?

He should absolutely have gone to waivers.

JuryDuty Fri 9/22/23 11:52 AM

Sorry that I could not be more help. Perhaps a good place to start would be to ask the team that added Mike White how he came to be on said team's roster.

RhymesWithLuck Fri 9/22/23 3:50 PM

The manager that added him was the one that brought it to my attention. He saw the drop entry in the Activity log and went to make a waiver claim. Instead of "Claim Fri" or whatever, the system allowed him to add.

Every other dropped player has gone to waivers. I think it was a platform malfunction, which is mildly concerning.

Thank you for your input.

Yami-Ron Sat 9/23/23 9:34 AM

Your Waiver rules needs to be changed. It appears the Mike White Game Start waiver trumped and it was treated as a Free Agent at drop. You'll need to select more days to the rule to prevent Free Agency after Wednesday.

Process Game-Start Waivers On

Wednesday, locking at 5:00 AM EDT

First-Come-First-Served

After Wednesday 8:00 AM EDT

RhymesWithLuck Mon 9/25/23 11:11 AM

I'm reading the owner's manual and am not clear on what you're suggesting.

Game start waivers - players go to waivers at kickoff and stay on waivers until the system processes claims on Wednesday morning. I believe I fully understand this setting and that it is working as expected.

First-Come-First Served - after waivers have been processed, players are free agents and can be added without a waiver claim. This starts on Wednesday at 8AM, after waiver claims have been processed. This also makes sense and I think it is working properly.

This player was dropped. In the league settings, Time On Waivers After Drop is set to 48 hours. How or why was this rule not applied to the dropped player?

We do not want to use "always on" waivers - we want free agency to open after waivers are claimed. We also want dropped players to go to waivers, even when they are dropped during the free agency period.

The owner's manual does not offer any guidance on the Process Game Start Waivers On [select days] feature.

What day(s) do I need to check to accomplish these goals:

1. all players go to waivers at game start

2. game start waivers run on Wednesday morning

3. all players except recently dropped are free agents after waivers have run

4. all dropped players go to waivers for 48 hours (or until Wed. if they play before the 48 hours expire)

Thank you for answering. I appreciate the help.