esulek80 Thu 8/31/23 9:47 PM

Looking for clarification on what "inclusive" means on some custom scoring settings?

For example if we have 3 settings setup as seen below how would that work if a QB throws a TD that is 85 yards? Do you get 3 total pts since it is covering over the first 2 and falls in the 3rd setting range or would you only get 1 total pt as it has to specifically fall in that exact setting yardage range to get the respective pts for it? I suppose "inclusive" might clarify that part but I am not understanding what inclusive means?

1 extra point for every Passing TD between 40 and

59 yards (inclusive )

1 extra point for every Passing TD between 60 and

79 yards (inclusive )

1 extra point for every Passing TD between 80 and

100 yards (inclusive )

noitankcapflow Wed 9/6/23 10:20 AM

yet why not 1pt per yard solve everything right?

Yami-Ron Wed 9/6/23 9:18 AM

MonteM that is incorrect. There will only be 1 extra point for the 85 yard TD in esulek80's scenario.

MonteM Wed 9/6/23 2:58 PM

Looks like you're correct Yami-Ron. I checked out your baseball scoring for strikeouts (inclusive) ranges and it does look like you only get the extra point for the range and doesn't add them together. I only have inclusive for FG missed yards.

On another note, don't you get tired of playing with yourself? Sure your W-L records look impressive, but I'd be embarrassed to be in leagues with no other teams. Lame!

noitankcapflow Wed 9/6/23 3:41 PM

So true Monte m

Yami-Ron Wed 9/6/23 4:05 PM

I use them has configuration suggestions for other public leagues that I might participate in.

noitankcapflow Wed 9/6/23 4:37 PM

But look whst Monte said last part of it

MonteM Fri 9/1/23 11:35 AM

Inclusive means that if it is over the range, you get the points. So you'll get 3 points for the 85 yard TD in your scenario. The way your league's scoring is set you'd get 6 extra points for the 85 yard TD.

We have inclusive points for yards missed on FGs (0.1 points for each yard between 21 and 50, to a max of 3 points), so the further the miss the more points you get to offset the points for a missed FG (-3 points). It is inclusive so any FG over 50 that is missed results in 0 (-3 for the miss but +3 for the yards on the miss).

esulek80 Fri 9/1/23 12:14 PM

Ok makes sense now for those specific settings in that area. Thanks so much for the clarification. How would it work for the DST scoring settings if I have them set up as the below? In this case is it still okay to use the settings as inclusive?

So if a DST allows 10 total points in the game would they get just the 6 extra pts OR also the 4 and 2 pts since the 10 pts is "under" those 14 to 20 and 21 to 27?

And if the DST gives up 225 Net yards do they get the 4 extra pts and the 2 extra pts or just the 4 extra pts?

8 extra points when total Points Allowed is between 0 and 6 (inclusive)

6 extra points when total Points Allowed is between 7 and 13 (inclusive)

4 extra points when total Points Allowed is between 14 and 20 (inclusive)

2 extra points when total Points Allowed is between 21 and 27 (inclusive)

12 extra points when total Net Yards Allowed is between 0 and 49 (inclusive)

10 extra points when total Net Yards Allowed is between 50 and 99 (inclusive)

8 extra points when total Net Yards Allowed is between 100 and 149 (inclusive)

6 extra points when total Net Yards Allowed is between 150 and 199 (inclusive)

4 extra points when total Net Yards Allowed is between 200 and 249 (inclusive)

2 extra points when total Net Yards Allowed is between 250 and 299 (inclusive)

MonteM Fri 9/1/23 1:12 PM

I don't know, I only use IDPs. I think you might have a problem though. It wouldn't surprise me if your 10 points by the defence turned into 14 fantasy points and if a D gave u more than 28 points they would get 20 fantasy points. Then if the D gave up over 300 yards they would get 42 fantasy points. I could be wrong, but I think you want to go negative fantasy points.