NMBadguy Wed 1/10/24 1:30 PM

There is some discussion about converting our dynasty league to an empire league. However, for our initial season, we had an auction instead of a draft, which was a headache in and of itself, and my owners won't want a traditional draft for anything but rookies. We had to do the auction on Yahoo because Fleflicker didn't have auction capabilities, and then import the rosters onto Fleaflicker because Yahoo leagues are dormant for too long. And yes, we are too cheap to pay for a website. So a conversion to an empire league won't be feasible until/unless Fleaflicker has an auction function.

TL/DR; Will Fleaflicker be getting auction capabilities anytime soon?

bigbaldbastard Sat 2/24/24 3:00 PM

Flea has made no changes in three seasons. Nor have they posted any intent to do so. They have struggled the last few years and don't know when or if that will change.

There are work arounds, I have five auction leagues and we use the message board and faab or waiver money. We bid, after a period of inactivity the player sells. Money is removed from faab budget and player manually added to roster. Works well for rookie drafts.

NMBadguy Tue 3/5/24 1:44 PM

Thanks for this response. Interesting work around. You reference rookie drafts but what would be your best estimate as to how long a redraft auction would last under this method?

I would of course prefer a live auction should this conversion ever take place. For reference, during our startup season, we conducted the auction on Yahoo and then imported everything onto Fleaflicker. Fleaflicker of course doesn't have the auction function and Yahoo is dormant too much of the year, so neither fully suited our purposes. With my leaguemates prefering not to pay for websites, this seemed like the best one-time solution. But the conversion to Empire opens the door to needing to repeat the process every few years (barring an upgrade of Fleaflicker or Yahoo) and as a commissioner, it would be a real headache.

bigbaldbastard Wed 3/6/24 2:26 AM

We did a full 24 team, 1080 players, the inactivity period was 24 hours before the players were awarded. We started in late February and finished in July. Brutally long. But most leagues are not that large.

NMBadguy Wed 3/6/24 10:22 AM

Yeah, not what I'm looking for at all. Thanks for the info tho

NMBadguy Mon 2/12/24 3:49 PM

I guess not